Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sachin tendulkar paid unbridled homage to Raj Singh Dungarpur

Sachin tendulkar paid unbridled homage to Raj Singh Dungarpur at a remembrance meeting at the CCI (Cricket Club of India).Sachin recalled that Sir Raj Singh Dungarpur's generosity had touched the heart of me at my age 14 in1987.Also Sachin Tendulkar recalled that Raj Singh Dungarpur opens the gates of the elite club to me from a modest background. The Star Cricket Club was to play in England, but as I came from a middle-class family I couldn't have enough money to be on that tour. This is when sir helped me get a good sponsorship. I was in England for a month and came back with good experience.

When I made 70 runs against a CCI side directed by Madhav Apte, the knock was caught by Dungarpur's eye. Raj Singh Dungarpur invited me to use the amenities at the club. At a school match final at the CCI I once again impressed Dungarpur and the skipper Dilip Vengsarkar. Then I was invited to bat at the Indian team's practice nets and Rajbhai observed me closely. At the end of the session he told me to play my natural game as well as encouraged me more. He was always friendly and always said something encouraging. I had the opportunity to spend 45 days with him during India's tour of Pakistan in 2006. He observed every ball closely and highly praised whenever he felt good cricket was being played.

No comments:

Post a Comment