Thursday, August 6, 2009

God Of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar Targets 15,000 Test runs 2011 WC for India before retirement

Mumbai (August - 6) - Cricket god Sachin in an interview to Wisden Cricketer magazine feels that he has not done enough as a batsman as well as not satisfied with his achievements. The 36-year-old Sachin Tendulkar now scored 12,773 from 159 Tests. Sachin hopes to accumulate 15,000 Test runs and win the World Cup 2011 for India. Sunil Gavaskar has told me that I have to get to 15,000 runs Test runs. He said he would be angry with me as well as would come and catch me if I didn't. I respect him so much and to score that many would be a very great achievement.

Sachin Tendulkar also spoke about how he has been consistently playing with pain.

  • He said,” I constantly play in pain, all the time. I played with a broken finger for the very last three months, but you know when pain is handy or not, and most of the time I can do it".

  • He added,” I can still do what I did when I was 25 but the body is varying, so your thinking process has to change too. I have had to change how I think, which is on taking less risk".

  • Sachin also conflicted with former Australian coach John Buchanan's views that he had become susceptible to the short ball early in his innings because of a lack of footwork.

  • He said,” It is only his view; John Buchanan doesn't have to be true all the time. If I couldn't handle short deliveries, then I wouldn't still be scoring runs".

  • "Maybe he needs to change his view. There must be rather very wrong with all the bowlers around the world that they have allowed me to score so many runs,".

  • He added Don Bradman had said Sachin Tendulkar reminded him of himself and the Indian batsman was the only modern player in Bradman's all-time XI.

  • He said,” I would say Virender Sehwag comes closest to my fashion."

  • Sachin Tendulkar said he was not thinking about retirement so far but he would know when to quit cricket.

  • "I will know when it is the right time; I won't have to be dragged away. I am the person who will make the decision with I will know whether I still belong".

No comments:

Post a Comment